Many of you complain that you feel them eyes you many times heavy, tired and overworked. Eye fatigue is a phenomenon of the time, it certainly does not belong to the eye diseases, it is not cured by any medical treatment, but you can prevent this weakness that you feel in the eyes. Do not forget that tired eyes change the whole image of your face, which is definitely undesirable.
What are the causes of tired eyes?
There are several causes that can cause eye strain:
- THE overexposure to screens, working for long hours in front of a tablet, on a computer and being too busy with your smartphone can tire your eyes too much.
- The poor lighting conditions your workplace or home.
- THE long hours of driving.
- THE systematic reading.
- Any daily activity that requires you for a long and prolonged period of time intense attachment and focus from your eyes.
What are the main symptoms of tired eyes?
Certainly before we jump to the conclusion to say that your eyes are tired, you will feel and have some warning signs. What are these;
- Your eyes feel heavier.
- You have trouble focusing.
- Your vision becomes double or blurry.
- Your eyes are suffering with intense stinging and you have a burning sensation.
- You feel pain in your shoulders, neck and back.
- You have dry eye symptoms.
- Your eyes are especially moist.
- You feel in a more general context a tiredness and exhaustion of your body.
- You suffer from dizziness and headaches.
7 ways to reduce eye strain
Incorporate the following habits into your daily routine to reduce eye strain.
- Take frequent breaks. If the nature of your work requires you to be over an electronic device, or requires long hours of reading, or your work requires intense focus from the eyes, then give yourself small, short breaks for the good health of your eyes. For each 20 minutes make 20 seconds time out. Get up from the desk and look at an object far away to give yourself a break from close focus. Also don’t forget to close your eyes often.
- Keep your distance security from where you focus. Make sure your text is always 30 to 40 inches away from you.
- Use lenses in your prescription glasses that filter radiation and protect from screens.
- Replace contact lenses with your glasses. Regular contact lens wearers should rest their eyes and wear their corrective glasses for a few hours a day.
- Light your workplace properly. The room where you read, your computer, or your TV is located, make sure it is lit evenly and evenly. Correct lighting should not have contrasts of light and dark. The even lighting does not strain your eyes, does not strain them and keeps them rested.
- Use artificial tears. They do not require a prescription and are very soothing.
- See your eye doctor. Get your eyes checked regularly, especially if you have any refractive error. Myopia, astigmatism, presbyopia and farsightedness change degrees over the years. You renew the prescription of your corrective glasses and if you are a contact lens wearer, your lenses.
Tired eyes and diet
Add to your daily diet dark green, leafy vegetables, rich in vitamin A. They have antioxidants, such as zeaxanthin and lutein, which help the retina absorb blue light and thus relieve tired eyes according to studies. Spinach, Swiss chard and kale they are 3 very good choices.
Other recommended foods are.
- The eggs.
- The oysters.
- The sweet potatoes.
- The apricots.
- The salmon.
- The beef.
- The almonds.
- The sunflower seeds.
- Wheat germ.
Homemade masks for tired eyes
We have selected and recommend them below 10 easier, faster and cheaper masks that you can make yourself with ingredients that are already in your kitchen to banish the tiredness weighing on your eyes. And if you don’t have them, you can and it’s worth it to get them!
1. Cucumber and potato mask
The materials you will need are a small cucumber and a potato. Grate them on a grater, place them in a bowl, let them release their juices. Put two pieces of cotton and wet them with the juice. Close your eyes and apply the pads for 15 to 20 minutes. Your eyes after twenty minutes will certainly be much more rested.
2. Yogurt mask
The easiest homemade mask for tired eyes. Apply some yogurt to the area around the eyes. Let your mask work for 15 minutes and then wash your face with plenty of water.
3. Homemade mask with milk and chamomile
Boil the chamomile and strain it. Mix an equal amount of chamomile with milk and place your mixture in an ice cube tray. After they are frozen, take an ice cube for each eye, place it in a gauze or a bag and massage around the eyes with gentle circular movements.
4. Parsley eye mask
All you need is a handful of parsley and a spoonful of hot water. After cutting the parsley, place it in a bowl. Grind its leaves in a blender, add hot water and blend to make a mixture. Wet two cotton balls in the mixture you have prepared, lie down, relax, close your eyes and apply the cotton ball to them for about a quarter.
5. Mask with green and black tea
Get green or black tea bags, put them in your fridge for 20 minutes and then place them on your eyes for 10 to 15 minutes. One of the quick and easy remedies for tired eyes.
6. Mask with vitamin E oil
Put just a drop of vitamin E oil on your finger. Massage with gentle, relaxing movements around your eyes to increase blood circulation.
7. Honey and milk mask
The ingredients you will need are a teaspoon of milk, make sure it is powdered and a teaspoon of honey. Mix, make a mixture, spread your mask under the eyes and leave it for approx 20 minutes to dry and act. Rinse with water.
8.Mask with coconut oil
Put a few drops of coconut oil on your fingertips and gently massage around your delicate eye area. You will feel from the first moment the relief and rest that this particular oil offers you.
9. Mask with coffee, honey and water
You need 2 to 3 sachets of instant coffee, a tablespoon of honey and some water. Place the coffee in a small bowl, add the honey and mix with a brush very well until you have a uniform mixture. Add some water to your mixture and mix again. Use the brush and carefully apply your thick mask under the eye area. Rinse with water. Or alternatively.
10. Mask with brown eye cream powder
You will again need some instant coffee and a small amount of the eye cream you use for your eyes. Mix the two ingredients to give you a thick mass and apply the mask under the eye area to 2 minutes. Rinse your face with water.
The information in our articles is not intended to replace a relationship with a qualified healthcare professional, physician or medical advisor, and is not intended as medical advice.