Facial care is a daily habit that keeps the skin clean, beautiful and glowing. So the jade roller came to help in this routine, enhancing the image of the skin and making it look more youthful.
This is a beauty tool that has recently become very popular. However, it is nothing new. It has deep roots in the past, since the Chinese have been using it since the 7th century.
It will surely have caught your eye being used by famous beauty bloggers, youtubers and Instagram influencers. But do you know exactly what it is and what are its beneficial properties for the skin?
Learn everything you need to know about the jade or quartz facial roller.
What is a jade roller?
Although it is commonly called a jade roller, in fact, in addition to the classic design of jade, this healing gemstone, there are other face rollers made of rose or purple quartz, as well as obsidian or metal.
This simple beauty gadget massages the face offering a multitude of beneficial properties. At the same time, it reduces stress and tension from the skin. It can be used daily, improving the appearance of the skin, making it more youthful and radiant.
This tool usually consists of two rollers of different sizes with a handle connecting them. The small roller is used on surfaces such as the eyebrows, under the eyes, etc., while the large one is used on the rest of the face.
The jade roller is slightly heavy and cool (especially if you refrigerate it for a while).
The beneficial properties of using the facial massage roller
The benefits of the facial roller for the skin are as follows:
- The movement of the roller improves blood circulation on the skin, making the face look firmer and brighter.
- Facial massage with it helps maintain skin elasticity and prevents wrinklessoothing the skin instead of irritating it.
- At the same time, reduction of tension and stress from the skin, helps to better control the acne and eczema breakouts that are commonly caused by them.
- Reduces swellingsuch as that under the eyes, stimulating lymphatic drainage and helping to eliminate toxins.
- Using it after staying for a while in the refrigerator or with the natural coolness of the stone, the swelling decreases quickly and the pores on the face are tightened.
- It offers bright face in the face and the dark circles under the eyes disappear.
- If you use it to spread an oil or a moisturizing cream on the face, you help the better absorption of. It is also believed to facilitate products to penetrate the deeper layers of the skin.
How to use the jade or quartz facial roller
The roller can be used in your daily face care routine. In fact, many dermatologists recommend using it every day, so that the results are better.
So by massaging the facial roller for 5 minutes, according to a 2018 study, you can increase blood flow to your cheeks, while applying it for 10 minutes is enough.
The steps for using the jade or quartz roller are as follows:
- After you are done with your daily facial cleansing, apply a facial oil, serum or moisturizer.
- Then take the roller and start making upward movements with light pressure on your neck.
- Then proceed with the massage from the jaw to the ear on both sides of the face.
- Then transfer the roller to the cheekbones, starting from the nose and moving towards the hair.
- Finish with the forehead making upward strokes from the middle of it towards the temples.
- Finally, proceed to massage the eyebrows and the area under the eyes with the small roller (if you have the double one). The direction you will follow will be horizontal. In fact, this movement of the eyebrows also helps to relieve the headache.
In general, the movements you will make with the roller on your face should start from its center and go outwards, doing 4-5 repetitions in each area.
Also, after you finish massaging the face you should disinfect the jade or quartz roller, especially if you have used any cosmetic product. Simply soap it up with a mild cleanser or baby soap and rinse it off by rolling it under running lukewarm to hot water. Finally, wipe it with a clean towel and store it.