Christmas is coming. They wink at you and remind you that in less than 30 days many sweets and slightly larger portions of food await you. Until then, however, you have time to get rid of the pounds that have been bothering you for a long time and to renew yourself a little before the arrival of the new year. For this, today, the Dietitian – Nutritionist, Tsambika Kontogiannou has prepared one for us nutritional plan to succeed! The reason for the special…
A balanced diet, enriched with the correct ratio of macronutrients (proteins, carbohydrates, fats) and micronutrients (vitamins, minerals, antioxidants) undoubtedly brings about a good quality of life. Looking back to the past, Hippocrates had formulated the opinion that food should be medicine and medicine should be food”.
But is it that easy to change our lifestyle and adapt our eating habits to a better schedule? How can we become our own nutritionists?
It is essential to understand that there are no foods that are forbidden, nor foods that should be over-consumed because they are light. All foods contribute to meeting nutritional requirements as long as they are consumed in normal amounts and at the correct frequency. The proper functioning of the body requires the intake of all nutrients. Therefore, we must consume daily foods from all groups (dairy, fruits, vegetables, cereals, meat, fats).
- To improve lifestyle and strengthen self-control, we record our daily eating habits. It is our best ally since most of the time we make conscious choices so we eat less. We also see what we have consumed and plan what we will eat later. It is no coincidence that people who keep a diary have a more planned and organized life.
- Hydration is an important point in improving the quality of life. It helps in losing and maintaining weight. In order for our body to be well hydrated, we must consume 1.5 – 2 lt of water daily. Of course, we will also get water from the fruits and vegetables that we consume every day. Besides, the Institute of Medicine of the US National Academy of Sciences, emphasizes in its most recent report, that caffeinated beverages can contribute to meeting daily water needs in the same way that non-caffeinated beverages contribute. Thus, all beverages, including coffee, caffeinated soft drinks and tea, have a hydrating effect. To be able to distinguish whether our hydration is sufficient during the day, we see our urine! The clearer their color, the better the body’s hydration.
- An organism to activate its metabolism must have small and frequent meals (5-6 meals a day). These help us in the intake of all the necessary nutrients at fixed time intervals. They also reduce fat storage, control the feeling of hunger and satiety and stabilize the levels of glucose and insulin in our body. Always remember that by eating small and frequent meals, better combustion occurs in our body and we bring about steady weight loss. We try to keep him active during the day by having meals about every 3 hours. Even when we sleep it is not inactive but underfunctioning.
- Alcohol is a factor that contributes to a person not adapting to a balanced diet. But in the right proportion and quantity, nothing is forbidden. Mainly with wine and beer, drinks which are beneficial to the body if they are consumed in moderation. A glass of wine or a beer a day is a good choice, compared to any other alcoholic drink.
- Time your meals accordingly, with your palms together with your thumbs closed
- You are careful about eating fatty foods and sweets only once a week
- The olive oil in the food you cook should be 1 tablespoon per person
- Your water should fluctuate daily at least 1.5-2 lt
- On your plate there should be the right ratio of starch (rice, pasta, potatoes, bread, corn, peas) and protein (meat, fish, cheese, eggs), i.e. about 1 palm / each
- In your meals of the week, fish and legumes will not be omitted for at least 1 time
- Walk, do exercises at home, go to the gym at least 3 times a week
- You don’t skip meals and you always eat breakfast
- Consume foods such as dairy products, fruits and plenty of vegetables every day
- You always calculate your portion in your individual calories.
THE COMPLETE NUTRITION PROGRAM
- BREAKFAST: Milk & 4 tbsp. Cereal flakes with whole wheat and oats & 1 tbsp. Raisins, Instant coffee
- in between: 2 rye crackers & light Cretan graviera & 1 fl. Kozani yolk drink
- NOON: 1 portion of whole grain spaghetti with 3-4 tbsp. vegetable sauce & 2 tbsp grated parmesan, 4 olives, broccoli-cauliflower-carrot salad
- AFTERNOON: 1 yogurt with cinnamon & 1 banana
- NIGHT: Mushroom soup & cheese or yogurt
- BREAKFAST: 1 glass of grapefruit juice & 2 carob nuts & cheese, Instant coffee
- in between: 3 tangerines & 10 hazelnuts
- NOON: Boiled shrimps in lemon oil & cauliflower-carrot salad & 4-6 olives & 1 slice of Zeas bread
- AFTERNOON: smoothie with almond drink, cinnamon, banana & 1 sugar-free digestive cookie
- NIGHT: Soup with sweet potato, noodles, cabbage, carrots, celery, onion, yellow pumpkin & cheese or yogurt
- BREAKFAST: 1 glass of milk & 2 rice wafers & 1 tbsp. honey & whole grain tahini, instant coffee
- in between: 2 Brazil nuts & grapefruit juice & 1 fl. Kozani yolk drink
- NOON: Soup with chickpeas and vegetables, 1 portion of cheese, 4-6 olives
- AFTERNOON: 1 yogurt 2% & 1 tbsp. pomegranate & cinnamon
- NIGHT: Omelette with cheese & mushrooms, arugula-carrot-lettuce-parsley-avocado salad
- BREAKFAST: 1 glass of milk & 1 whole wheat and oat cereal bar, instant coffee
- in between: 2 Brazil nuts & 1 orange
- NOON: 1 portion of grilled fish kidney, cabbage-carrot salad, 3-4 olives, sweet potato chips
- AFTERNOON: 2 rye cream crackers & light Cretan graviera & 1 fl. Kozani yolk drink
- NIGHT: Pumpkin soup & cheese or yogurt
- BREAKFAST: 1 glass of juice, 2 rye toasts, 1 boiled egg, instant coffee
- in between: 1 banana & 2 Brazil nuts
- NOON: 1 portion Spinach rice & cheese & 4 olives
- AFTERNOON: 1 yogurt with cinnamon & 10 cherries
- NIGHT: Mushroom soup with cheese or yogurt
- BREAKFAST: Natural grapefruit juice & 1 toast with bread enriched with vitamins and minerals & cheese Instant coffee
- in between: Smoothie with almond drink, cinnamon, 1 tbsp. sunflower seed, 1 tbsp. blueberries, 2 slices of pineapple
- NOON: Fish soup with vegetables & brown rice
- AFTERNOON: Green tea & 2 digestive biscuits without sugar
- NIGHT: 1 boiled egg & light Cretan graviera & salad of choice, 3-4 olives, 1 slice of Zeas bread
- BREAKFAST: 2 rice wafers, 1 tbsp. peanut butter, 1 banana, instant coffee
- in between: 1 yogurt with cinnamon & 2 tbsp. pomegranate
- NOON: 1 portion of grilled chicken, 1 portion of sweet potato puree & lettuce-carrot-parsley-avocado salad
- AFTERNOON: 1 fl. Kozani Yolk drink & 2 sugar-free multigrain cookies
- NIGHT: Pumpkin soup & cheese or yogurt