Cosmetology has a wide range of natural recipes that help us keep our skin beautiful and young. One of her main weapons, which has been particularly popular in recent years, is facial wax.
You can find it ready to buy in many variations in pharmacies and stores with natural cosmetics at a price of around 6-8 euros. However, if you like to make your own cosmetics, you can make it at a cost of around 1-2 euros.
Below we will analyze the properties and the preparation method of the face wax.
What is wax ointment or wax ointment?
It is a natural cosmetic for the face and not only, the preparation of which is based on beeswax that is created in the beehives and has a yellow color. There is also white beeswax, which is essentially its processed product.
Beeswax is therefore rich in beneficial properties for the skin and its most characteristic recipe, which has deep roots in antiquity, is the mixing of beeswax with olive oil.
But apart from olive oil, other natural oils or materials can be added to create different waxes for the face.
This natural cream does not contain any chemical or toxic ingredients, nor preservatives. Although it has a slightly oily texture, due to its composition, it is suitable for any type of skin, even the most sensitive. It contains many antioxidants, vitamins, minerals, trace elements and hydrocarbons that nourish and care for the skin.
The beneficial properties and uses of facial wax
Using corn balm on the face has many benefits for the skin. Let’s see in more detail what are its beneficial and therapeutic properties.
- Thanks to the ability of beeswax to attract and hold water molecules, the beeswax can give the face deep hydrationmaking it look youthful, but without clogging its pores.
- At the same time, he faces her dry skin on the facecontrols its oiliness and heals them chapped lips.
- A hydrated face is very soft and has longer firmness and elasticity. Therefore, you can use it as a day or night cream if you want.
- Beeswax is rich in vitamin A, which helps collagen formation, heals scars and rejuvenates the skinwhile improving its hydration and exfoliating it.
- It has antiaging and healing action which helps to deal with wrinkles and restores the skin to its lost glow and vitality.
- He’s got antibacterial and anti-inflammatory propertieswhich help to acne treatment and any other irritation, such as eczema or cold sores, fighting redness and swelling.
- Protects the skin from environmental factors creating a thin film that lets her breathe. Thus it treats the damage caused by the sun, pollutants, etc. and prevents the appearance of free radicals.
- He faces them panades and discolorations, thanks to whitening properties her. See more about the corn ointment and how to make it yourself.
Generally it is hypoallergenic and is considered an ideal choice for people with sensitive skin. However, it is recommended to do a test on a small part of your hand before using it, because there are also rare cases where some kind of allergy occurs. If after 24-48 hours you have not seen any unwanted signs, such as itching, irritation, etc., you can use it on your face as well.
The basic recipe for making facial wax
Traditional beeswax has two main ingredients, beeswax and olive oil. It can be applied to the face giving it rich hydration, protecting it from environmental pollution and preventing its aging.
It also has soothing, emollient, antiseptic, anti-inflammatory, antifungal and healing properties. Treats acne, wrinkles and dry skin.
The recipe to make it is as follows:
You will need:
- 1 tablespoon of beeswax
- 5 tablespoons of olive oil
If you have received a wax bar, you must first grate the product on the grater. But you can also buy it in the form of flakes / lozenges.
Method of preparation: Place the beeswax in a bain-marie and melt it. Add the olive oil and mix the two ingredients well until they are homogenized. Then store the mixture in a sterilized jar and let it cool before use. Its final form will be a creamy paste.
If you want, you can replace the olive oil with the same amount of almond oil or coconut oil. Your wax will again be very moisturizing, emollient and ideal for the face.
Discover everything you need to know about almond oil and its use.
From there, based on the traditional recipe, you can create variations that take advantage of the beneficial properties of other natural products. This way you can make a more specialized face wax for problems like breakouts, dry skin, wrinkles, tightening and more.
Lip balm with beeswax for chapped lips
Make your own lip moisturizer that will soften and restore their smooth appearance.
You will need:
- 2 tablespoons of beeswax
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons of shea butter
- 5-10 drops of peppermint oil for food
Method of preparation: Melt the beeswax, coconut oil and shea butter in a bain-marie. Add the peppermint oil and remove the mixture from the heat. Store it in a jar and leave it until it hardens. Once the mixture has completely cooled and taken its final form, close it and use it anytime.
Be careful, edible peppermint oil is not the same as essential oil.
Learn more about how to treat chapped lips.